helping those in need human service workers
Helping those in need is a very crucial thing; it is not compulsory, but it is expected of us as God’s children. Helping those in need can be a way of giving back to society-or in our case, God. He gave us, so we should give to him by showing love to others.
No matter where you go, there will always be people in need. Some, in more need of help than the others. It’s just knowing when God wants us to help those in need. Sometimes, when we hear “people in need”, we always think about those on the streets, those in dilapidated buildings or those that have nothing to eat. What most of us don’t realise is that needs are so much more than money, food or shelter.
Some people need encouragement, some need support, others may need motivation. Some just want you to be there while they face a difficult challenge, some just want you to be their cheerleader when they’re having a tough time. It’s just knowing how God wants us to help those in need.
How can we help those in need or
Ways to Help Those in Need
1. Praying for them: This is a way of helping those in need. It comes in handy if you don’t have the time or money to help those in need. In the comfort of our rooms, we can ask God to intervene in whatever challenge they are facing.
2. Giving as much as we can: Giving is another sure way to help those in need. Sometimes a really useful gift can go a long way. Anything from old clothes to books you don’t need anymore can really put a smile on the face of someone who really needs it.
3. Encouraging/Motivating them: a word of encouragement can really bring light in the life of someone that needs it. It can push them to believe that there is hope for the future which will cause them to get up and keep going.
4. Volunteer to help them out: A way to use our time to help those in need is to volunteer. It could be at a hospital, a home for the elderlies or just your neighbourhood in general. Meet those around you, ask them if they want help and help in any way you feel comfortable with.
5. Make them feel loved: some people are affection starved, so they look for affection anywhere they can find it. Most times, they end up finding it in the wrong person. As children of God, we owe it to Christ to show them love-the love that he first showed us.
6. Talk to them about Christ: The needs of most people is so much more than what we can handle. The best way to help those kind of people is by showing them the way to Christ who can do all things. Tell them that only he can restore all that they have lost at no cost.
See also lesson learn from Mary and Martha
What does the Bible Say About Helping Those in Need?
And do not forget to do good and share with others. Hebrews 13:16
Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord and he will reward them for what they have done. Proverbs 19:17
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it in your power to act. Proverbs 3:27
Whoever is kind to the needy honours God. Proverbs 14:13
Give to the one who asks you and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. Matthew 5:42
Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Romans 12:13
You can’t help all the people in need, but God can.
Not everyone wants help-they may need it, but they don’t want it.
There is a reward for helping those in need.